I always keep an eye out for the most unique and practical pet products. I love networking with other pet lovers who take care and quality as serious as I do. When I found these gorgeous custom ID tags from IslandTop Designs, I knew I wanted to see one in person and have one made for my Remington. Paula sent me a beautiful ID tag that was lovingly created – and she did not disappoint! You have to see them in person to really appreciate the beauty and time that is put into hand making these tags.
Remington, as always, helps me market for other businesses and models products so very well.
I love working with mixed metals, yellow brass, German silver (nickel), and copper. All my custom design tags are handmade by cutting sheet metal, hand stamping, soldering, polishing and using a protective sealer to protect the luster of your tag.
Steps to create ID tags:
- Preparing the metal first polish
- Many of the custom pieces are hand cut
- Soldering, bonding the metals
- Polishing- this polish is done in a tumbler for 18 hours
- Applying a patina, to enhance the detail on your tag
- More polishing, back in the tumbler for 12 hours
- Hand polish to bring out the bling
- Special cleaning to prepare the tag for sealer
- Applying a clear coat to protect your bling
- 24 hours of drying time and then put in a low temp own for 1 hour
- Shipping your tag